IOTA approached us with a simple brief: redesign a power supply product line. To deliver work that would move IOTA forward, we needed to understand the company’s long term goals and strategy, to put the design project in context.
We invited IOTA’s executives to a one-day workshop to explore IOTA’s future. Our goals were to:
• forge a strong partnership with the IOTA team
• gain a full understanding of IOTA’s short and long term business goals
• review and revise the design brief to ensure our work would achieve IOTA’s desired business results.
We use a variety of visualization tools to help our clients explore business opportunities and solve strategic problems. In IOTA’s case, we focused on product line strategy for the short, medium and long term.
By the end of the day, we’d helped IOTA achieve the following.
• Identified the competitors that matter
• Mapped a long term direction for the product line with milestones
• Specified the first steps for moving IOTA’s product line along the path.
IOTA’s existing corporate identity would not be a good fit for its newly-mapped future.
We created a Visual Brand Language with IOTA, from which we derived a new corporate identity for the company. This was carried through to all internal and external communications, and their product lines.
Thanks to our strong partnership, IOTA is set for continued success.